Automated Workflow Offers Huge Rewards
Using robots and automating manufacturing functions is very common today. Let’s extend that to simplify operations in the front office (contact center) and back office with automated workflow and processes. Customers view the front office and back office of an enterprise as one entity and expect a positive experience from both. That is one important reason for implementing automated workflow – the front and back office are now linked as a single, cohesive unit to serve your customers. At a high level, a workflow is typically a collection of processes describing pre-set tasks, such as all processes needed to complete a telephone request – from initial contact (interaction) to creating an actual transaction for product or service and shipping.
Automating processes improves productivity and increases usability and ultimately, can improve the overall customer experience. Workflow automation in the office enables software applications such as desktop analytics to assist agents and employees by automatically guiding them through workflow sequences and “next-best-actions”.
Process analytics helps agent and employee performance by automatically monitoring and evaluating against user-defined parameters such as timing. Other benefits of automated workflow include:
- Data-workflow exchange enhances the communication process and can automatically account and alert for any discrepancies in the defined process.
- Automated data conversions between applications, manual report reconciliations and access to historical data that can show you how well you have been doing. This can include the metrics of each transaction, such as what was requested, how long it took to fulfill the request, and the total length of time for the transaction to be completed.
- Built-in and automated workflow and approval processes that can optimize the customer experience, empowering workers (improving morale) and minimizing the overall transaction time.
- You will have access to automated report generation and information distribution.
- A key benefit is the elimination of manual operations and human errors, and the advantage of seeing where every transaction is in your automated process.