Importance of Data Analytics Solutions
The ability to leverage analytics for all of the business data your company collects in order to solve real business problems is now more affordable than ever before and available to every organization. Implementing and applying automated analytics solutions are essential for understanding all facets of your business. As many companies continue to focus on improving the overall customer experience, analytics can help you understand your customer’s sentiment from any touch point (telephone, email, text, social media, etc.).
Not As Complicated As You Thought
Although there are many different types of analytics solutions available on the market, such as front office (contact center specific) and back office (transaction processing) the secret is to partner with a vendor who will help you every step of the way. Once you select a vendor, this is accomplished by first discovering the root causes, pain points, or product and service issues that may be impeding performance or profitability. Some common items or “notions” that analytics can reveal:
- Excessive customer complaints about a certain service or product(s).
- Trends and discovery of repeat calls (“called before…”, “calling again…”, “not fixed…”, “still a problem…” etc.) – over time more samples can be discovered and added to the analytics search, strengthening the discovery of repeat calls improving first call resolution.
- Compliance issues (internal compliance to defined business processes and external or regulatory compliance).
- Repeat call subject (desktop screen or transactions) representing the repeat call can be defined by user, and automatically and in real time detected by desktop analytics – actions can be taken in real time, such as coaching, notifications, and next-best-action.
- Monitoring social media sites to understand the voice of the customer (negative and positive), the competition, your brand and reputation, and selling opportunities.
Starting with a defined notion of the relevant data you want to uncover is key to your success. A vendor must allow you to use your own data for clarity, in small digestible bites, to initially demonstrate the viability of the analytics program. Set up an internal team to own the new analytics program. Run the solution as a test program, review the results, implement recommended changes, and review the outcome (benefits, ROI, etc.). You want a vendor that will educate and guide you and do the work for you, sharing results along the journey. Once you are comfortable with the technology the vendor should be able to create a tailored solution for you without a custom price, and continue to assist your future usage, growth and progress.
Multi-channel Delivery – Not as Expensive as You Thought
Analytics programs do not have to break the bank, and are now available to any organization. Many solutions are offered as on-premise, cloud services, outsourced programs, or hybrid packages. Take advantage of the delivery method that best fits your budget and business needs. Selecting the right vendor will enable you to benefit from the functionality and flexibility of multi-channel analytics solutions as well as cost effective delivery methods.